03 January 2019

Exciting Stuff to Happen in 2019!!

Hello blog followers,

2018 has come to an end with lots of smooth sailing and 2019 is here, with spirits high and excitement around the corner... both personally and professionally!

After the UN General Assembly Debate ended, the intensity of the high-level meetings simmered and a normal schedule of conferences, studio jobs, ENG shoots, and other events have come back. While I am mostly tasked to the Media Operations Centre (MOC) working on ingesting field shoots and recording live meetings/studio events, our crew supervisor often rearranges the schedule and crew tasks to allows everyone to cross-train and practice working as other positions. Most often, I am tasked to operate our robotic cameras during meetings inside for one of the seventeen conference rooms!

On the side, I am continuously picking up one-off freelance gigs that help me expand my network and more importantly, grow my technical knowledge and skills. In November, I had the opportunity to coordinate all the visual elements of the Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Corporate Citizens Conference in Washington, DC. As the sole "video guy" on the job, I had to create a full control room setup with multiple input sources (camera, graphics, remote CART services, etc) and produce a show for multiple outputs (program, ISO cameras, screen feeds, streaming, etc). There we many hiccups and the start of the event did not run smoothly, but thankfully with some support by various parties - the issues were resolved and the remainder of the show went swimmingly!

Personally, I did get engaged in 2018 and the big day is Nov 2019!! Therefore, I definitely look forward to the year ahead with expanding professional opportunities and big changes in my personal life!